This vegan lunch is so yummy!! If your not vegan just use tuna in place of the hearts of Palm.
- 1/4 c basil leaves
- 1/4 c parsley leaves
- 1/4 c tarragon leaves
- 1/4 c mayo
- 1/4 c sour cream or vegan sour cream
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp 1 tsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 can hearts of Palm or tuna
- Celery stalk
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices whole grain bread, toasted
Purée basil, parsley, tarragon, mayo, sour cream, lemon zest, juice, and 2 tbsp oil in a blender until smooth.
In a food processor chop hearts of palm, celery, shallot in garlic until chopped finely. Toss with dressing until coated.
Top toasted bread with lettuce and heart of palm mixture.
This is so good! Perfect for a weeknight dinner or lunch.
- Daikon, julienned
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 English cucumber, julienned
- 1/2 c rice wine vinegar
Combine in a bowl and set aside.
Red Curry Roasted Portobellos
- 1 c coconut milk
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp Thai Red Curry Paste
- 4 portobellos mushrooms, cleaned and sliced 3/4 inch thick
Preheat over to 425
Combine coconut milk, lime juice and Curry in a bowl, whisk till smooth. Place mushrooms on a baking sheet cover with sauce. Bake for 15 minutes, flip and roast 15 minutes more.
Spread mayo on baguette, sprinkle with fish sauce, top with pickles veggie and mushrooms.
This is a super yummy vegan recipe !
- Rye bread
- Vegan cheese slices or Swiss
- Vegan meat slices
Toast bread. Top with sauerkraut, vegan cheese and cheese. Broil until Cheese is bubbly.
These Lentil Gyro recipe is from Pretty Simple Cooking – these are so yummy!
- 16 oz cooked gyros (I use TJs) or 1 1/2 c lentils cooked
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 3-inch sprigs of rosemary, leaves stripped off
- 8 oz Cremini mushrooms
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 tbsp dried thyme
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dried cilantro
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 c rolled oats
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed in 6 tbsp water or 2 eggs
2 tbsp vegan butter
- Tzatziki sauce (from TJs)
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 english cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 head romain
- 1 tomato, sliced thin
- 8 pita breads
- Feta if not vegan
Preheat oven to 425. Line a pan with parchment and spray with olive oil.
Mix all the dry herbs in a small bowl.
In a large pan heat the oil and the mushrooms, garlic, rosemary in a large pan and cook over medium heat until mushrooms release their liquid. Stir in spices and cook for 1 minute.
Add all remaining ingredients and mushroom mixture in a food processor and pulse until uniform in shape and crumbly.
Spread in lines pan and cook for 30 minutes until browned, let sit for 10 minutes. Cut into strips and assemble pitas with remaining ingredients.
This is so good! Crunchy, crispy and oh so portable!
- 2 c cauliflower, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 c canned white beans, 1/4 liquid reserved
- 1/2 c buffalo sauce
- 1/2 c bread crumbs
- 1/2 c cornmeal
- 1/4 c hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- Olive oil spray
- 4 tortilla
- Shredded carrots
- Sliced celery
- Chopped romaine
- 1 c almond or cashew milk
- 1/4 c white vinegar
- 5 tsp lemon juice
- 1 1/2 c raw cashews
- 1 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp mustard powder
Combine in a high speed blender and purée till smooth. Chill.
Preheat oven to 450.
Put cauliflower, beans hot sauce and bean liquid in a bag or bowl and combine until well coated, set aside to absorb the mixture.
Place the cornmeal, bread crumbs, hemp seed, parlay and garlic powder in a food processor and pulse to blend and chop. Place in a plastic bag or large bowl.
Use a slotted spoon to remove cauliflower mixture and add to crispy coating, toss to combine.
Spread on parchment lined baking sheet, spray with olive oil and bake for 25, drizzle with more hot sauce and bake until golden and crispy about 10 minutes. Allow to cool 5 minutes.
Serve on tortillas, with ranch, lettuce, carrots and celery.
This is a hard one to take a pic of, mostly because I did not want to cut it in half. This is a one pan meal – I used Gina skillet to cook everything up. It’s vegan too!!
- 1/2 c veggie broth
- 1/4 c Tamari or soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp balsamic
- 4 portobello mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 1 jar red roasted red peppers, sliced
- 1 onion, sliced thin
- Smoked paprika
- Pea sprouts
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 1/2 c vegan mayo
- 4 tbsp basil chopped
Combine the veggie broth, tamari or soy sauce, garlic powder and vinegar in a bowl, add mushrooms and toss to coat. Let marinade for 30 min – 8 hours.
Combine mayo and basil, keep chilled till read.
Add 1/4 c marinade to a large skillet over medium heat, add onions and peppers and cook until soft. Push to the side of the pan and add mushrooms and 1/2 the marinade, salt and paprika, increase heat to medium high and cook, stirring occasionally until liquid is evaporated. Add more marinade if needed, it will take about 15 min to cook the mushroom.
Spread mayo on a tortilla, top with onion mixture, lettuce, sprouts and mushroom. Wrap and serve.
- This is straight from Skinny Girl – no changes cos her recipes are always perfect! They taste great and are so easy! I saw the recipe on FB at 6 am and made them for breakfast the same morning. The recipe makes 4 small bagels. I sliced it in half, toasted it and topped it with vegan cream cheese and a slice of tomato! Hubby had never had a savory bagel (what!?!? Don’t even get me started) and he enjoyed them! I used the Everything Bagel Mix from TJ’s. I did lazy out and toss everything in the food processor. You can visit skinnytaste.com for details on how to do it by hand.
- 1 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c Greek yogurt (Do NOT substitute with regular yogurt), drain off any liquid
- 1 egg white, beaten
- optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes
Preheat oven to 350. Like a pan with parchment and spray with oil. Or heat your air fryer, and spray the air fryer basket with oil. Beat the egg white and set aside.
Add dry ingredients to food processor and pulse to combine. Add yogurt and pulse to incorporate, then pulse about 20 times until it forms a tight ball.
Lightly flour your work surface and form the dough into a ball. Divide into 4 pieces and roll into ropes and then form into a bagel shape.
Brush with egg white and add your topping of choice.
Bake or air fry for 25 minutes or until golden brown.