I made my first meal using Soy Curls – they are amazing and take on whatever flavor your marinate them in. You cal always use thinly sliced beef if that is your jam.
For Soy Curls
- 1 lb soy curls – reconstituted according to package or thinly sliced beef
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp peeled, grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp chili pepper flakes
Whisk all ingredients except soy curls in a bowl. Stir in soy curls and mix well. Set aside to marinade for 1 hour.
- 3 Persian cucumbers, sliced thin
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1/4 onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 c rice vinegar
Combine in a bowl and set aside.
- 8 scallions, sliced thin
- 1 c cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 c mint, chopped
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp toasted sesame seeds
Combine in a bowl and toss to evenly mix.
- 2 c jasmine rice, cooked and warm
- 1 – 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 c kimchi
- 1/4 c peanuts
To cook the soy curls:
In a large skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat, add soy curls abs marinade and cook for 5 minutes, tossing a few times.
Toss rice with vinegar. Divide amount 4 plates, top with pickles, peanuts, salad and soy curls. Serve kimchi on the side.