You do need special equipment for this one – one of those Sous Vide Egg Bite molds for the pressure cooker.
These are so easy to make and great for a quick grab and go breakfast.
- 1/2 c bacon, fully cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- 3 oz shredded cheese, such as cheddar, Parmesan, mozzarella, Muenster, or smoked Gouda
- 1/2 cottage cheese
- 1 c fresh spinach
- 2 tbsp heavy cream
- 1 tsp granulated onion
- pinch of kosher salt
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant pot. Spray silicone egg bite molds with non-stick cooking spray; divide the cooked and crumbled bacon between each egg bite cup of both molds.
- In a blender add eggs, cheese, cottage cheese, heavy cream, granulated onion, spinach and salt until well combined.
- Pour the prepared egg mixture over the bacon in each egg bite cup, filling each one 2/3 full. Using a small spoon, stir the ingredients in each cup a bit. Cover the egg bite mold with the silicone lid.
- Lower the egg bite molds down into the pressure cooker, placing on top of the trivet.
- Lock the lid into place. Using the manual button, choose High Pressure for 8 minutes, bringing to full pressure. When the timer sounds, perform a quick release to remove all pressure.
- Lift the egg bite mold. Remove the lids, letting the egg bites stand for 5-10 minutes to cool a bit. Gently invert the molds onto a platter so the egg bites can slide out. Serve at once, or let the egg bites cool, then refrigerate and reheat as needed.