This is from Patricia Wells. It is perfect for a hot day, just make it in the am and let it chill all day.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 lbs zucchini, sliced thib
- 1 1/2 quarts chicken or veggie stock
- Creme fraiche for garnish
Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, add the onion and salt and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Add the ginger and cook for 1 minute. Add the zucchini and stock, and bring to a low boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Use an immersion blender and puree soup.
Serve chilled with a dollop is creme fraiche.