This one is adapted from Skinny Taste. It is so moist and dense! I doubled the frosting and sliced the cake in half to make it 2 layer cake. I baked it in a springform pan to make it easier to release.
- 1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1 c sugar
- 1/4 c flaked coconut
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 c grated carrots, peeled
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts
For the Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 2 – 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1/2 c powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, coconut, baking soda, salt, and spices; stir well with a whisk.
- In a medium bowl, combine oil, eggs, and vanilla; stir well.
- Add grated carrots and pineapple; mix well.
- Fold wet ingredients with the dry ingredients, batter will be stiff and dry but keep folding it and it will all come together. Fold in 1/4 cup chopped nuts.
- Spoon batter into an 8″ x 3″ cake pancoated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for about 40-50 minutes, depending on pan size or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean and cake is pulling away from sides of pan. Cool cake completely on a wire rack.
- To prepare frosting, beat together cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread frosting over top of cake.
- Run a knife along the edge of the cake and release the pan. Use a serrated knife to cut the cake in half. Carefully flip the top half onto a plate. Spread about 1/2 the cream cheese frosting onto the layer. Then flip the second layer on top and spread with frosting.
- Serves 6 – 8.