This recipe is from Food and Wine – I add more fruit and might add more next time. This cake is so easy to whip up, tastes amazing and looks impressive!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (4 ounces), softened, plus more for greasing pan
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/4 ounces), plus more for dusting pan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 cup fresh raspberries (about 4 ounces)
- 6 small fresh strawberries (about 4 ounces), stemmed and quartered
- Powdered sugar
Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 8” springform pan with butter, and dust with flour. Set aside. Combine sugar, butter, and salt in a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and lemon zest. Add flour; beat on low speed until smooth, about 30 seconds. Pour batter into prepared pan; spread to evenly cover bottom. Arrange raspberries and strawberries on top of batter.Step 2
Bake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes out clean, 34 to 38 minutes. Let cake cool in pan 10 minutes. Run a small offset spatula around edge of pan to loosen cake; remove from pan. Let cool completely on a wire rack, about 1 hour.