This is from Ottolenghi – and it is amazing! This is vegetarian and so good!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 c mushrooms, your choice
- 1/4 c white wine
- 1 bay leaf
- 3 thyme sprigs, leaves picked & chopped
- 6 oz cream fraiche
- Grated zest of one lemon
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tbsp chopped parsley
- 1 c panko breadcrumbs
- 8 oz broccolini
- 10 oz pasta
- Salt and black pepper
Blanch the broccolini in boiling salted water for 2mins before draining the water (I did this in the pasta water before I cooked the pasta).
Cook the pasta according to the package.
Heat the oil in a large saucepan and sauté the mushrooms until they start to take on a lovely golden color. Add the wine, bay leaf and thyme. Bring to the boil, reduce the liquid to a third. Add the cream, stir and cover and set aside.
In a bowl, mix the lemon zest, garlic and parsley
Toast the breadcrumbs until crisp and golden. Add the breadcrumbs to the lemon, garlic and parsley mix.
Drain the pasta reserving a cup of the pasta water. Stir the pasta into the cream sauce.
To serve: divide the pasta among plates, top with broccolini and breadcrumb mixture.
This recipe for tacos literally came from what I had on the shelf! These are vegan if you use vegan cheese.
- 1 can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 can black beans, drained
- 1 can fire roasted chilies
- Sliced avocado
- Sliced red onion
- Cheese of choose
- Tortillas, warmed
- Hot sauce
In a medium pot, combine tomatoes, beans and chilies and cook over medium heat for 15 – 20 minutes, until it thickens – mashing the beans a little.
Scoop into tortillas and top with remaining ingredients.
- This is straight from Skinny Girl – no changes cos her recipes are always perfect! They taste great and are so easy! I saw the recipe on FB at 6 am and made them for breakfast the same morning. The recipe makes 4 small bagels. I sliced it in half, toasted it and topped it with vegan cream cheese and a slice of tomato! Hubby had never had a savory bagel (what!?!? Don’t even get me started) and he enjoyed them! I used the Everything Bagel Mix from TJ’s. I did lazy out and toss everything in the food processor. You can visit skinnytaste.com for details on how to do it by hand.
- 1 c flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 c Greek yogurt (Do NOT substitute with regular yogurt), drain off any liquid
- 1 egg white, beaten
- optional toppings: everything bagel seasoning, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, dried garlic flakes, dried onion flakes
Preheat oven to 350. Like a pan with parchment and spray with oil. Or heat your air fryer, and spray the air fryer basket with oil. Beat the egg white and set aside.
Add dry ingredients to food processor and pulse to combine. Add yogurt and pulse to incorporate, then pulse about 20 times until it forms a tight ball.
Lightly flour your work surface and form the dough into a ball. Divide into 4 pieces and roll into ropes and then form into a bagel shape.
Brush with egg white and add your topping of choice.
Bake or air fry for 25 minutes or until golden brown.