This soup is so good! I had cubed butternut squash on hand, you could also use tofu.
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 12 oz butternut squash, cubed
- 8 oz shiitake, sliced thin
- 3 stalks lemon grass, trimmed to bottom 4 inches
- 2 inches of ginger, peeled
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 6 c veggie stock
- 3 tbsp fish sauce or vegan substitute
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 12 oz spinach
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 1/2 c cilantro
- 6 scallions, sliced thin
Heat oven to 450, spread squash on a baking sheet and spray with oil. Bake for 20 minutes until golden and soft.
In a food processor finely chop lemon grass, ginger and garlic.
In a large stock pan heat the oil over medium heat. Add mushrooms, lemongrass, ginger and ginger, cook for 30 seconds. Add curry and cook another 30 seconds, stir in broth and fish sauce and cook for 20 min.
Stir in coconut milk, squash, spinach, and lime juice, simmer for 5 min. Serve topped with cilantro and onions.