This recipe is from Hot for Vegan Food Comfort Classics. This book is quickly becoming one of my favs!!
- Jalapeño Aioli (1/2 c vegan mayo, 2 tbsp pickled jalapeños, 1 tbsp lemon juice blitzed in a small processor)
- 1 16 oz brick firm tofu, cubed
- 1/4 c cornstarch
- 1/2 c barbecue sauce
- 2 heads of romaine shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced thin
- 2 c shredded carrots
- 2 c English cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 cilantros, chopped
- 1/2 c pickled jalapeños
Preheat oven to 425.
Toss the tofu with the cornstarch. Spread on a baking sheet and bake 20 minutes. Toss with BBQ sauce and bake 10 more minutes.
In a large bowl combine lettuce, carrots, onions, cucumber and cilantro with 1/4 c jalapeño aioli, toss to combine, add more if needed.
Divide among 4 plates, top with tofu and jalapeño slices