The kids requested Kahlua Pork for Sunday dinner, I came up with this tropical inspired salad to accompany it. I had some of Trader Joe’s Tropical Mix trail mix that I added, it has macadamia nuts, dried cranberries, pineapple etc it made for the perfect combo of crunch and sweet.
- 1 1/2 Tbsp tahini sauce
- 2 tsp Grade B maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp pineapple juice
Combine all ingredients in a small jar and shake.
- 1 head of romaine, chopped
- 1/4 c pineapple chunks
- 2 tbsp unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 c nuts of your choice, toasted and chopped
- 1/4 c dried cranberries or pineapple
Add to a large bowl drizzle with some dressing and toss to coat.
Serves 2 – 4.