This is a great weeknight meal – it comes together quickly and tastes wonderful.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 sprig rosemary (optional)
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbsp. tomato paste
- 1 Tbsp sweet smoked paprika
- 1 c heavy cream or almond cream
- 2 large eggs
- 4 thin slices of prosciutto
Heat oil in a medium skillet over medium. Cook garlic and rosemary, tossing, until garlic is golden brown and rosemary crisps up slightly but isn’t browned, about 30 seconds for rosemary and 2 minutes for garlic. Add chickpeas, tomatoes, tomato paste, and paprika to skillet and cook, stirring often, about 10 minute. Mix in cream, season with salt and lots of pepper, and bring to a simmer. Crack eggs into chickpea mixture and season them with kosher salt. Cover and cook until white parts of eggs are set but yolks are still runny, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and drape prosciutto around eggs.