Leave out the cheese and this one is vegan friendly. Cooking black beans in the pressure cooker is genius!
- 3 poblano chilies, roasted & chopped
- 2 jalapeños, roasted & chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tbsp sage, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced, plus 1 whole
- 2 tsp chili powder (or more)
- 2 tsp cumin (add same amount as chili)
- 1 lb dried black beans
- 1 tomato
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- 1 jalapeño – not roasted
- 1 bunch of scallions, sliced thin
- 1 head romaine, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced thin
- Taco shells or tortillas
- Cheese of your choice
Add onion and oil to multipot and sauté on medium until soft, stir in garlic, sage, chili powder, cumin, chopped pepper and black beans, stir in 5 cups of water. Cover and cook on high pressure for 40 minutes.
In a blender combine tomato, cilantro, scallion whites, 1 clove of garlic, 2 tbsp oil, 1 jalapeno and a pinch of salt and purée till smooth.
When beans are done, stir in tomato purée then simmer on sauté for a few minute to thicken up.
Serve with taco shells and all the fixings!
Serves 6 – 8.